Monday, March 29, 2010

day eighty-eight: middle bridge

There is absolutely nothing special about this picture; I just want to be sure to remember the story attached to it.

We drive over this bridge almost every single day. It's hard to tell from the above photo, but it's actually 4 lanes... 2 lanes on either outer side of these middle lanes (which I'm assuming we're added later, but I should look that up and find out for sure), and the 2 shown above.

The "middle bridge," as Josie calls it.

For whatever reason, she loves driving on the middle bridge. I'm not sure how she knew she liked it so much because I would never choose those lanes (way too narrow for my taste), but she decided a few weeks ago that it was the middle bridge or nothing for her. She used to wait until we were about 1/3 of the way across the bridge (in one of the outer lanes) before she would start screaming "I WANTED TO GO ON THE MIDDLE BRIDGE!" I told her every time that she would have to ask much nice than that, and have to ask before we were got to the river. Now, every time we're approaching the bridge, I hear her cute little voice pipe up from the back seat: "Please we drive on the middle bridge please?"

Who can say no to that?

Not me, that's for sure.

Middle bridge it is.