Friday, August 13, 2010

day two hundred twenty-five: perseid meteor shower

When we heard there was going to be a meteor shower while we were in Sunriver, I knew I'd have to drag Avery & Cayden out of bed at 2 am to take a look. Cayden walked out onto the deck, looked around (not up, mind you) for a second and said, "this is boring, I'm going back to bed." Avery, on the other hand, could have sat out there all night. She chatted my ear off (and then some) about this, that and the other until she finally saw a shooting star and I sent her back to bed. I spotted a few of the meteors as well, but it looks like we missed the peak by a couple of hours.

I took the above photo with a whopping 30-second shutter speed, in an effort to catch some sort of movement. If you look closely, you can see some streaks across the sky, but not quite the stunning shot that I was going for. Oh well, there's always next August.