Saturday, June 5, 2010

day one hundred fifty-five: father/daughter dance

I had the distinct honor of being the official only photographer at a fabulous (fundraising!) event that some fabulous moms at our school put on each year: The Father/Daughter Dance. Normally I stay home with Josie & Cayden for the festivities but when I offered to take pictures of the guests and my babysitting fell through... we all ended up there. I asked Cayden to be my "test case" to get the lighting right for the photos, at which point he asked if he had to smile. When I said no, I knew I was in for a show.

Once the photos were taken, I printed them all and handed them out to the girls and dads. I must say, some of the photos turned out extremely, sickeningly cute. If I'm being totally honest, others turned out looking a little creepy, with the pair looking slightly more like an actual couple than a parent and child. I suspect those ones were primarily a result of the dads feeling self-conscious getting their picture taken. Either way, I thought they were creepy. (More of our family's photos from last night here.)

Side note: I think Cayden has grown about 5 inches this school year. He tried to put on the white shirt that he wore to the wedding last summer and he could barely button it and it didn't even reach the top of his pants. Therefore, his pants are all ridiculously short right now. Since I am holding out hope that summer will eventually make an appearance, I refuse to buy him new pants yet. Yes, I'm cheap.